Columbia Presbyterian Church has a local missions team which oversees our supporting and involvement of missions and ministries within 50 miles of our location in Columbia Md. Our goal as a committee is to not only become involved in local missions but to actively encourage, involve and educate our congregation in local missions opportunities and needs.
Local Missions Priorities
In conjunction with the CPC Missions Strategy approved in October 2018 the Local Missions Committee of Columbia Presbyterian Church agrees to the general prioritization guidelines for local missions requests.
- Missions must be in agreement with the authority of scripture, the work of Christ alone for salvation and salvation by grace alone.
- Missions should be addressing the whole counsel of God meaning addressing both spiritual and physical issues of humanity.
- Missions should afford the general membership of CPC the opportunity to be able to be involved in the ministry in some fashion. Ministries where CPC members are already involved will get priority.
- Missions that address spiritual and physical needs of poor, oppressed or disadvantaged people groups per James 1:26-27.
Local Missions supported by Columbia Presbyterian include:
- Baltimore Antioch Leadership Movement (BALM), www.baltimoremovement.org
- Navigators Howard County
- Younglife Howard County
- Salaam Center
- World Relief Baltimore office
- Reformed University Fellowship (UMBC and U of MD)
- Reformed University Fellowship International Johns Hopkins University
- Laurel Pregnancy Center
- School Partnership with Running Brook Elementary School