WORSHIP ON SUNDAY, September 19, 2021
10:30 AM: Sermon titled “Friends & Partners” by PD Mayfield from from Philippians 1:1-6 in our new series on Philippians.
- Discipleship Classes resumed on September 12! Join us at 9:30 AM. VIEW CLASSES
- Worship Service – Bulletin
- Nursery is available on a limited basis – please check in at kiosks upon arrival. (Nursery is not open during Sunday School – unless it becomes necessary. Please contact Vicki or Megan.)
- Children’s Worship will be available this week during the sermon. Topic is “Tithes: The Right Focus” from Ezra 2:68-69.
- We live stream at 10:30AM, and the video can also be watched later. | WATCH LIVE
Find all upcoming and current events on Church Center | VIEW CALENDAR
You can search “events” and filter by category | VIEW EVENTS
Download the Church Center app and see your groups, events, and more from your mobile device.
- Tuesday Morning Women’s Bible Study began September 14, 10 AM | LEARN MORE
- Pioneer Girls resumed on September 15 | REGISTER
- Financial Peace University begins on September 15 – takes place for 9 weeks during PG and CSB | REGISTER
- Women’s Get Together, 7PM, September 17 on the patio outside Potter’s House.
- CPC’s women’s retreat is October 8-10 at Blackrock Retreat Center. The theme is “One Lord, One Faith, One Hope,” with Maria Garriott as our speaker! Register before end of day September 8 to receive an “early bird” discount. | LEARN MORE
YOUTH MINISTRIES Revolution ~ High School & Shine ~ Middle School
- Confidential requests to elders – If you have a prayer request, you can ask our elders to pray confidentially. Method #1: fill out a slip on Sunday morning and place it in the offering; or Method #2: email [email protected]
- Requests to our Prayer Chain – You can also ask the members of our broader CPC Prayer Chain to lift up your need. | EMAIL OFFICE
- Sign up to be on the Prayer Chain – You will receive a prayer guide on Thursdays, and occasional timely requests for individuals. | SIGN UP
- Morning Prayer Gatherings: Wednesdays, 10 AM | Join virtually for prayer. These meetings last 30 about minutes. |JOIN GROUP to receive Zoom info.
- Monday evening prayer team | JOIN
- You can give online via Church Center (please log in first).
- Text to Give: text a dollar amount to 84321 to start the process.
- We have boxes near the entrances on Sunday morning to place your offering.
We also have boxes for a special Deacons fund offering during services in which we have Lord’s Supper.
- You can also mail in a check to the church office.
We have two Missions Groups on the Church Center – one for local missions, and one for global missions. Members of these groups receive periodic emails from the office, forwarding prayer requests and updates from our various missions supported by CPC. We also have events where you can hear from the missionaries directly.
Join the Local Missions Group | Join the World Missions Group
Annual Giving $1,560,000
Weekly Operation Need $30,000
Current Week Giving $21,205
YTD Budget Goal $1,080,000
Actual YTD Giving $762,746
Our numbers in worship service have increased steadily over the weeks. We are thankful to be together again, and we also need some more hearts and hands at work to keep things running smoothly. Please view and fill out THIS FORM to indicate how you can serve now or in the future.
Children’s Sunday School We are looking for a team to lead the Sunday school class for ages 2-4. We are also in need of 2-3 substitutes that could assist as an aide or teacher periodically throughout the year.
Coffee Ministry Brew and set up, or take down and clean up! This is a team that rotates, so you would serve once a month.
We need a few more teachers to serve in Children’s Worship, during the sermon. Contact Vicki Vandenheuvel if you’d like to learn more!
Greeters/ Welcome Desk
This is where our new visitors can check in and be welcomed; and where they can get answers to their questions about Bible studies, children’s ministries, etc. (You don’t have to have all the answers; just know about our web site and Church Center!)
It’s a blessing to receive the gift of a meal when your family has had an unexpected event (or the life-changing arrival of a new family member)! If you would like to be on the list of people who occasionally provide meals to our members and regular attenders after a birth or hospitalization, join the team that receives notifications whenever there is a new Care Calendar. Join this group on Church Center to learn more!
Audio / Visual
PowerPoint operators, camera operators and audio engineers needed for the morning services. We will provide training! Contact Pastor PD Mayfield if you’d like to learn more!
Route 1 Day Center is planning to open for volunteer meal service teams again in the next few months. Rachel Schaefer is looking for more volunteers to help with this. Please contact Rachel or JOIN THE GROUP to get involved!
World Relief is having an open house on October 21. | REGISTER
Chapelgate Presbyterian Church has English Language classes. In person classes will be on Wednesday nights at 7:00PM. Online classes will be Thursday evenings. Classes start September 15, but you can join any week of the school year. While the classes are free, you may need to buy a book. If you would like to volunteer to teach English or assist with the program, email the ESL director at Chapelgate.
Laurel Pregnancy Center is in need of a volunteer Medical Director. This person must be an individual with a mature orthodox Christian faith who affirms the dignity and value of human life. All staff and volunteers at the center adhere to a Statement of Faith and Statement of Principle. The ideal person will be an Ob/Gyn. The medical director must be a licensed physician in good standing, practicing in the state of Maryland. The Medical Director serves alongside the Executive Director and the operational leadership team to provide oversight and care in fulfilling The LPC’s mission. For more information, please contact Andrea Capuyan – 301-776-9997.
More Than Mud: This is a two-day workshop, and it is a pre-requisite for serving at the Laurel Pregnancy Center. REGISTER The next class dates are: Friday, September 17, 2021, 7 pm to 9:30 pm (held at the Center) & Saturday, September 18, 2021, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (online via Zoom)
CPC Marketplace is a private Facebook group for the purpose of selling household items, giveaways, job opportunities, housing requests, advice on home projects, etc. If you are not a member of Facebook, the office can post there for you with your contact information. Join here.
Amazon Smile: The Amazon Smile program is set up for you to shop on Amazon as you usually do, with the only difference that you must start with the website address smile.amazon.com instead of www.amazon.com. When you use Amazon Smile, be sure to designate Columbia Presbyterian Church in Columbia, MD (NOT the one in MS = Mississippi!) as your nonprofit charity, and the church will receive 0.5 percent of your purchase from the Amazon Smile Foundation. Once you’ve first chosen CPC as your designated charity, it will be selected automatically every time you begin with smile.amazon.com. It’s that simple!