WORSHIP ON SUNDAY, May 22, 2022
10:30 AM: Sermon by PD Mayfield, titled “Challenges to Our Joy in Christ: Attention” from Philippians 4:8-9
- Worship Service – Bulletin
- Activity Worksheet – Ages 3-6 | Ages 7-12
- Nursery is available on a limited basis – please check in at kiosks upon arrival. (Nursery is not open during Sunday School.)
- Children’s worship during sermon. Topic: “Benediction: Our Forever” referencing Jude 17-25 and Revelation 22:12-21.
- We live stream at 10:30AM, and the video can also be watched later. | WATCH LIVE
The Lord’s Supper is served on the 3rd Sunday of the month during the morning service, and also during the evening service which takes place on the first Sunday of each month at 6PM.
- Register for an Elder Meetup! (Multiple meet ups from May 15 – June 3)
- June 16 – Women’s Summer Kick Off Event | REGISTER
- June 17 – Summer in the Word Starts! | REGISTER
- June 27-30 – VBS! | REGISTER
- Our Set Up/Take Down Teams need more volunteers! Contact the office or [email protected] for more information.
Find all upcoming and current events on Church Center | VIEW CALENDAR
You can search “events” and filter by category | VIEW EVENTS
Download the Church Center app and see your groups, events, and more from your mobile device.
- Men’s retreat is in April! Reserve your spot now! | REGISTER
YOUTH MINISTRIES Revolution ~ High School & Shine ~ Middle School
Meeting in the youth room, Thursdays 6:30-8:30 PM
- Confidential requests to elders – If you have a prayer request, you can ask our elders to pray confidentially. Method #1: fill out a slip on Sunday morning and place it in the offering; or Method #2: email [email protected]
- Requests to our Prayer Chain – You can also ask the members of our broader CPC Prayer Chain to lift up your need. | EMAIL OFFICE
- Sign up to be on the Prayer Chain – You will receive a prayer guide on Thursdays, and occasional timely requests for individuals. | SIGN UP
- Morning Prayer Gatherings: Wednesdays, 10 AM | Join virtually for prayer. These meetings last 30 about minutes. |JOIN GROUP to receive Zoom info.
- Monday evening prayer team | JOIN
You can give online via Church Center (please log in first).
Text to Give: text a dollar amount to 84321 to start the process.
We have boxes for a special Deacons fund offering during services in which we have Lord’s Supper.
You can also mail in a check to the church office.
REGULAR (UNDESIGNATED) GIVING THRU: May 8
Annual Giving Goal $1,415,000
Weekly Operation Need $27,212
Last Week’s Giving $16,226
YTD Budget Goal $517,019
Actual YTD Giving $361,732
We have two Missions Groups on the Church Center – one for local missions, and one for global missions. Members of these groups receive periodic emails from the office, forwarding prayer requests and updates from our various missions supported by CPC. We also have events where you can hear from the missionaries directly.
Join the Local Missions Group | Join the World Missions Group
We need some more hearts and hands at work to keep things running smoothly. Please view and fill out THIS FORM to indicate how you can serve now or in the future.
We are in need of 2-3 more workers so that our nursery can stay open and running smoothly! Contact Megan if you’d like to learn more!
Children’s Sunday School*
We are in need of 2-3 substitutes that could assist as an aide or teacher periodically throughout the year.
Count the offering and enter the checks into our records.
Brew and set up, or take down and clean up! This is a team that rotates, so you would serve once a month.
We need a few more teachers to serve in Children’s Worship, during the sermon. Contact Vicki Vandenheuvel if you’d like to learn more!
Greeters/ Welcome Desk
This is where our new visitors can check in and be welcomed; and where they can get answers to their questions about Bible studies, children’s ministries, etc. (You don’t have to have all the answers; just know about our web site and Church Center!)
It’s a blessing to receive the gift of a meal when your family has had an unexpected event (or the life-changing arrival of a new family member)! If you would like to be on the list of people who occasionally provide meals to our members and regular attenders after a birth or hospitalization, join the team that receives notifications whenever there is a new Care Calendar. Join this group on Church Center to learn more!
Audio / Visual
PowerPoint operators, camera operators and audio engineers needed for the morning services. We will provide training! Contact Pastor PD Mayfield if you’d like to learn more!
Route 1 Day Center is planning to open for volunteer meal service teams again in the next few months. Rachel Schaefer is looking for more volunteers to help with this. Please contact Rachel or JOIN THE GROUP to get involved!
*Must submit to a basic background check, which we will take care of for you.
Laurel Pregnancy Center is holding a special event on May 25, 7:30-9:00PM called “A Space to Mourn: a memorial service for reproductive loss.” | LEARN MORE
Columbia Pregnancy Center Opportunities
- Her Time to Heal-Abortion Recovery Book Club: The Columbia Pregnancy Center is offering a book club over the summer for women who have had an abortion experience and would like to explore their feelings. Her Choice to Heal by Sydna Masse is about women finding spiritual and emotional peace after an abortion. This is a safe way to explore your feelings with women who have all had an abortion experience. If you would like to find out more about this new book club please call or text the Center at 410-730-3223 or e-mail [email protected]
Also accepting registration for our Transforming Your Story Program which will begin in in fall. Transforming your Story is a 9 week scriptural reflection on the grace and mercy of God for women who have had an abortion.
Will be conducting a 10 week abortion healing group using Her Choice to Heal in a book club setting. They will meet every Saturday starting June 4th to Aug 6th from 10-12p at the Columbia Pregnancy Center.
Chapelgate Presbyterian Church has English Language classes. In person classes are Wednesday nights at 7:00PM. Online classes are Thursday evenings. Classes started September 15, but you can join any week of the school year. While the classes are free, you may need to buy a book. If you would like to volunteer to teach English or assist with the program, email the ESL director at Chapelgate.
CPC Marketplace is a private Facebook group for the purpose of selling household items, giveaways, job opportunities, housing requests, advice on home projects, etc. If you are not a member of Facebook, the office can post there for you with your contact information. Join here.
Amazon Smile: The Amazon Smile program is set up for you to shop on Amazon as you usually do, with the only difference that you must start with the website address smile.amazon.com instead of www.amazon.com. When you use Amazon Smile, be sure to designate Columbia Presbyterian Church in Columbia, MD (NOT the one in MS = Mississippi!) as your nonprofit charity, and the church will receive 0.5 percent of your purchase from the Amazon Smile Foundation. Once you’ve first chosen CPC as your designated charity, it will be selected automatically every time you begin with smile.amazon.com. It’s that simple!