Sunday, June 11, 2023
- 9:45am ~ Prayer for Lead Pastor Search, downstairs Rm. 109 or 12pm in Rm. 100
- 10:30am ~ Morning Worship Service | Sermon by Greg Hills, entitled, “Some Kind Of Zombie”, from Mark 5:1-20 | WATCH LIVESTREAM | VIEW BULLETIN
- Children’s worship is available for ages 4 through 2nd grade. Children will be dismissed before the sermon.
- There is a quiet/nursing room in the back, accessible via the lobby.
The Lord’s Supper is served on the 3rd Sunday of each month during the morning service, as well as the 1st Sunday of each month during the evening service at 6pm.
- June 11 – Welcome Reception. 12pm in the Lobby following service. Learn more about the ministries of CPC and ways for you to get involved.
- June 12 – GLEAM! Girls, Let’s Eat And Meet. 7pm at MOD pizza (Columbia Mall location).
- June 15 – Youth Kick-Off Cookout. Rising 6-12th grade. 6:30-8:30pm in the back parking lot.
- June 18 – Congregational Meeting. Before Service 9:30-10:15am. Communing Members, at least 8 years of age, are eligible to vote for the slate of 2023 Trustees.
- June 18 – Fellowship and Donuts! 10am in the lobby before service.
- June 26-29 – VBS. We need Volunteers! For more info contact Vicki Vandenheuvel
- July 8 – Men’s Summer Cookout. For registration visit Church Center.
- To supplement the GRACE Report the CPC Library has added books on the topic of abuse. Visit the
- Mission Trip to Brazil June 22 – July 3. For more info contact Bill Sciannella.
- Salaam Center Youth Tutoring Program. If interested in volunteering fill out the form.
- Women! Registration for “Summer In The Word” is opening soon. If you’d like to host or help lead a group, contact Diane Hidey Stop by the Women’s Ministry Table before or after church for more details.
Find all events on Church Center | VIEW CALENDAR
You can search “Events” and filter by category | VIEW EVENTS
Download the Church Center App and see your groups, events, and more from your mobile device.
WOMEN For more information about Women’s ministry contact Diane Hidey or visit Church Center.
MEN Join the Momentum Group to keep up with news and events. Email us with any questions.
YOUTH MINISTRIES Revolution ~ High School | Shine ~ Middle School
SIGN UP FOR REV (high school) UPDATES | SIGN UP FOR SHINE (middle school) UPDATES
- Confidential requests to elders – If you have a prayer request, you can ask our elders to pray confidentially. Method #1: fill out a slip on Sunday morning and place it in the offering; or Method #2: email [email protected]
- Requests to our Prayer Chain – You can also ask the members of our broader CPC Prayer Chain to lift up your need. | EMAIL OFFICE
- Sign up to be on the Prayer Chain – You will receive a prayer guide on Thursdays, and occasional timely requests for individuals. | SIGN UP
- Morning Prayer Gatherings: Wednesdays, 10 AM | Join virtually for prayer. These meetings last 30 about minutes. |JOIN GROUP to receive Zoom info.
- Monday evening prayer team | JOIN
You can give online via Church Center (please log in first).
Text to Give: text a dollar amount to 84321 to start the process.
We have boxes for a special Deacons fund offering during services in which we have Lord’s Supper.
You can also mail in a check to the church office.
We have two Missions Groups on the Church Center – one for local missions, and one for global missions. Members of these groups receive periodic emails from the office, forwarding prayer requests and updates from our various missions supported by CPC. We also have events where you can hear from the missionaries directly.
Join the Local Missions Group | Join the World Missions Group
We need some more hearts and hands at work to keep things running smoothly. Please view and fill out THIS FORM to indicate how you can serve now or in the future.
We are in need of 2-3 more workers so that our nursery can stay open and running smoothly! Contact Megan if you’d like to learn more!
Children’s Sunday School*
We are in need of 2-3 substitutes that could assist as an aide or teacher periodically throughout the year.
Count the offering and enter the checks into our records.
Brew and set up, or take down and clean up! This is a team that rotates, so you would serve once a month.
We need a few more aides to serve in Children’s Worship, during the sermon. Contact Vicki Vandenheuvel if you’d like to learn more!
Greeters/ Welcome Desk
This is where our new visitors can check in and be welcomed; and where they can get answers to their questions about Bible studies, children’s ministries, etc. For more information contact Elaine Gobel.
It’s a blessing to receive the gift of a meal when your family has had an unexpected event (or the life-changing arrival of a new family member)! If you would like to be on the list of people who occasionally provide meals to our members and regular attenders after a birth or hospitalization, join the team that receives notifications whenever there is a new Care Calendar. Join this group on Church Center to learn more!
Audio / Visual
PowerPoint operators, camera operators and audio engineers needed for the morning services. We will provide training! Contact the office if you’d like to learn more!
Route 1 Day Center is planning to open for volunteer meal service teams again in the next few months. Rachel Schaefer is looking for more volunteers to help with this. Please contact Rachel or JOIN THE GROUP to get involved!
*Must submit to a basic background check, which we will take care of for you.
CPC Marketplace is a private Facebook group for the purpose of selling household items, giveaways, job opportunities, housing requests, advice on home projects, etc. If you are not a member of Facebook, the office can post there for you with your contact information. Join here.
Amazon Smile: The Amazon Smile program is set up for you to shop on Amazon as you usually do, with the only difference that you must start with the website address smile.amazon.com instead of www.amazon.com. When you use Amazon Smile, be sure to designate Columbia Presbyterian Church in Columbia, MD (NOT the one in MS = Mississippi!) as your nonprofit charity, and the church will receive 0.5 percent of your purchase from the Amazon Smile Foundation. Once you’ve first chosen CPC as your designated charity, it will be selected automatically every time you begin with smile.amazon.com. It’s that simple!