WORSHIP ON SUNDAY, January 29, 2023
There is NO Sunday school classes until Feb. 5th.
10:30 AM ~ Morning Worship Service | Sermon by Craig Garriott, entitled, “Grace for the Fight”, from 1 Timothy 1:1-3.
- Worship Service – Bulletin
- Activity Worksheet – Ages 3-6 | Ages 7-12
- We live stream at 10:30AM, and the video can also be watched later. | WATCH LIVE
The Lord’s Supper is served on the 3rd Sunday of the month during the morning service, and also during the evening service which takes place on the first Sunday of each month at 6PM.
- Feb. 3 – Ladies Bunco Night! 7-9:30pm in room 100.
- Feb. 5 – Sunday Classes resume at 9:30am. Downstairs.
- Feb. 19 – Women’s February Fellowship Event! “Traveling, Tasting, Together”. Details found on Church Center.
- Volunteers needed for various Sunday Teams – email Pastor PD
- Administrative Asst. needed for CPC. For more information call the church office.
- Women’s Spring Bible study has started. Every Tuesday 10-12pm. Rooms 103, 105, 107.
- Mission Trip to Brazil is being planned for June 22 – July 2. For more information contact Bill Sciannella.
- CPC Mothers of Preschoolers is looking for responsible teens or adults to help with childcare once a month in 2023 (9:30-11:30am on 1/19, 2/16, 3/16, 4/27). Paid position; Email [email protected]
- In case you didn’t see Pastor P.D.’s email, you can read his letter to the congregation at the following link. | VIEW LETTER
You can search “events” and filter by category | VIEW EVENTS
Download the Church Center app and see your groups, events, and more from your mobile device.
YOUTH MINISTRIES Revolution ~ High School & Shine ~ Middle School
- Confidential requests to elders – If you have a prayer request, you can ask our elders to pray confidentially. Method #1: fill out a slip on Sunday morning and place it in the offering; or Method #2: email [email protected]
- Requests to our Prayer Chain – You can also ask the members of our broader CPC Prayer Chain to lift up your need. | EMAIL OFFICE
- Sign up to be on the Prayer Chain – You will receive a prayer guide on Thursdays, and occasional timely requests for individuals. | SIGN UP
- Morning Prayer Gatherings: Wednesdays, 10 AM | Join virtually for prayer. These meetings last 30 about minutes. |JOIN GROUP to receive Zoom info.
- Monday evening prayer team | JOIN
You can give online via Church Center (please log in first).
Text to Give: text a dollar amount to 84321 to start the process.
We have boxes for a special Deacons fund offering during services in which we have Lord’s Supper.
You can also mail in a check to the church office.
REGULAR (UNDESIGNATED) GIVING THRU: October 9
• Mailed checks must be DATED and POSTMARKED no later than 12/31/2022.
• Hand-delivered donations must be received in the office (or in the white box outside the office door) no later than Saturday, December 31. We will empty the box in a timely manner.
• Online donations must be completed by December 31, 2022, at 11:59PM.
We have two Missions Groups on the Church Center – one for local missions, and one for global missions. Members of these groups receive periodic emails from the office, forwarding prayer requests and updates from our various missions supported by CPC. We also have events where you can hear from the missionaries directly.
Join the Local Missions Group | Join the World Missions Group
We need some more hearts and hands at work to keep things running smoothly. Please view and fill out THIS FORM to indicate how you can serve now or in the future.
We are in need of 2-3 more workers so that our nursery can stay open and running smoothly! Contact Megan if you’d like to learn more!
Children’s Sunday School*
We are in need of 2-3 substitutes that could assist as an aide or teacher periodically throughout the year.
Count the offering and enter the checks into our records.
Brew and set up, or take down and clean up! This is a team that rotates, so you would serve once a month.
We need a few more aides to serve in Children’s Worship, during the sermon. Contact Vicki Vandenheuvel if you’d like to learn more!
Greeters/ Welcome Desk
This is where our new visitors can check in and be welcomed; and where they can get answers to their questions about Bible studies, children’s ministries, etc. (You don’t have to have all the answers; just know about our web site and Church Center!)
It’s a blessing to receive the gift of a meal when your family has had an unexpected event (or the life-changing arrival of a new family member)! If you would like to be on the list of people who occasionally provide meals to our members and regular attenders after a birth or hospitalization, join the team that receives notifications whenever there is a new Care Calendar. Join this group on Church Center to learn more!
Audio / Visual
PowerPoint operators, camera operators and audio engineers needed for the morning services. We will provide training! Contact Pastor PD Mayfield if you’d like to learn more!
Route 1 Day Center is planning to open for volunteer meal service teams again in the next few months. Rachel Schaefer is looking for more volunteers to help with this. Please contact Rachel or JOIN THE GROUP to get involved!
*Must submit to a basic background check, which we will take care of for you.
Columbia Pregnancy Center Opportunities
- We Support Dads! At the Columbia Pregnancy Center we recognize the importance of Dads. We are thankful for our fathers who make personal sacrifices to support their baby mamas and commit to be active and involved in their child’s life. The Center welcomes Dads to attend our education classes taught by doctors, nurses and health experts teaching childbirth, lactation, nutrition, and infant care. In addition to our live classes, we have hundreds of classes that we can stream to a phone to help build knowledge and expand skills to help dads, and our moms, be prepared for parenthood. We have 11 classes designed JUST FOR MEN. If you are an expectant Dad, we are here to help. Contact us by calling or texting 410-730-3223 and check out our services for men.
CPC Marketplace is a private Facebook group for the purpose of selling household items, giveaways, job opportunities, housing requests, advice on home projects, etc. If you are not a member of Facebook, the office can post there for you with your contact information. Join here.
Amazon Smile: The Amazon Smile program is set up for you to shop on Amazon as you usually do, with the only difference that you must start with the website address smile.amazon.com instead of www.amazon.com. When you use Amazon Smile, be sure to designate Columbia Presbyterian Church in Columbia, MD (NOT the one in MS = Mississippi!) as your nonprofit charity, and the church will receive 0.5 percent of your purchase from the Amazon Smile Foundation. Once you’ve first chosen CPC as your designated charity, it will be selected automatically every time you begin with smile.amazon.com. It’s that simple!