Dear CPC Family,
As we have previously communicated, the Session has called a congregational meeting this coming Sunday, Nov. 15 for the purpose of electing a candidate to the Office of Deacon. The meeting will take place following the 11am service.
Given the concerns over COVID our numbers may be lower, but we believe we can accomplish this in a safe manner. Please consider attending if you are able. We will need 66 communing members present to have a quorum.
Please sign up if you plan to attend the Congregational Meeting. This helps us estimate numbers. | REGISTER
Also, if you plan to attend one of the corporate worship services. Signing up helps us estimate building capacity. If you have already registered, then no need to register again. | REGISTER
- Communing members will be eligible to vote in this Congregational Meeting by being physically present in either of the following areas: 1) main hall; 2) lobby; or 3) immediately outside the the south entrance, where the door will be open.
- There will be people available in those three places to distribute and receive ballots.
CHURCH PICNIC DIRECTLY FOLLOWING
Weather permitting, there will be an outdoor picnic in the grassy areas between Potter’s House (church office) and mobile units. Bring your own picnic foods and supplies. Consider bringing a camp chair.
Gov. Hogan announced earlier this week that Maryland is moving back to Phase 2 guidelines [Govenor’s Office | Howard County Exceutive].
Thankfully, we do not require any necessary changes at this time. Our attendance numbers have been level, and we continue to practice important precautions. We are monitoring the situation and will communicate any relevant updates.
Grace & Peace,
About our COVID-19 Precautions
We ask that you do not attend in person if in the previous 14 days you have:
- exposure to anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- exposure to anyone with associated symptoms
- experience of the associated symptoms
- MORE INFO: Maryland Department of Health F.A.Q.
Regarding Sanitation and Physical distancing:
- Masks must be worn inside the building. Please bring your own masks. We have masks available in the event you don’t have one.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at various spots in the lobby.
- Chairs will be appropriately spaced in the main hall.
- The bathrooms in the lobby will be open. Look for additional information posted on signage.
- Between the services, we will conduct a thorough cleaning of door handles, surfaces, and bathrooms.
Regarding Corporate Worship:
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the 1st and 3rd Sunday mornings. Communion wafers and juice will be in pre-sealed packs. There will be a gluten-free option available. More direction will be given during services.
- Musicians will be on stage leading in song. People in the congregation may sing while wearing masks.
- People will be directed to leave the facility quickly so that preparations can be made for the second service. With safe practices in mind, people may socialize outside on the grounds.