This past year we preached through the book of Hebrews. We were shown again and again the good news of Jesus being better – better than angels, than Moses, than the Levitical priesthood, than the earthly tabernacle, than the sacrifices. Jesus is the better mediator of the better covenant. God is announcing good news!
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.- Hebrews 1:1–3 ESV
With our new website, there are several places to access sermon audio.
For years CPC has posted sermons on the platform Sermon Audio, which has an app you can download to your devices.
With our new website, we are also able to embed Sermon Audio players. There are several ways to engage with sermons this way.
- sermon library page, which includes the audio, passage, and sometimes will include reflection questions or other content
- sermon archive page, which has various filtering options
- 5 recent sermons are also listed at the bottom left corner of the website
For example, the page for Pastor Randy’s sermon “The Benediction” includes the following questions for your own reflection:
- In what way(s) has your appreciation for Jesus as the “radiance of the glory of God (Heb. 1.3) expanded during this sermon series?
- A theme of the book of Hebrews demonstrates how Jesus is better. If you were asked by someone to briefly explain, what would you say?
- What are 1-2 takeaways you have from the book of Hebrews and this sermon series?
- What next steps do you need to take to continue to hold onto those takeaways?
These questions also help inform and shape your worship, reading, prayers, and conversations as we say “Oh, Come Emmanuel” with longing in our hearts during Advent season.